Keep your mouth healthy and your smile sparkling bright by choosing a well-balanced diet with a variety of foods, including, vegetables and fruits, whole grains, lean proteins and low-fat dairy products.
Consider these nutrition tips:
- Calcium and vitamin D supplements may decrease the risk of tooth loss.
- Drinking lots of water helps keep your mouth moist. Saliva protects oral tissues.
- Avoid soft, sweet, sticky foods, such as cakes, candy, and dried fruits, as they may cause tooth decay.
- Help keep teeth clean by snacking on raw fruits and vegetables.
- If you can’t brush immediately following a meal, rinse well with water or chew n a piece of gum or mint with xylitol – a sugarfree sweetener – which may help deter bacteria growth.
Remember, the prettiest thing you can wear is a smile… and we want to help keep your smile bright.